Search

Custom Search

Monday, August 11, 2008

Getting personal

When I rebooted this blog in what, without looking it up, must have been in late June or early July, I kind of hinted at getting more personal with my thoughts and my own journey. Really haven't done much of that yet.

Part of the reason for my longest break between posts in quite awhile has been this recommitment to getting more personal. Takes courage. Plus, I don't think my wife wants me to get more personal here than I've gotten with her. She doesn't want to read here what I haven't already expressed to her.

So, diving in here, let me just break the surface a bit here ---

This week is the week of another Ransomed Heart Boot Camp. At one point it had looked like I was going to be on the work crew ... but post the Advanced in May I was kind of feeling another event may be too soon. And then I got a call from one of the staff where they talked about hearing from God that I shouldn't be doing it this time. It was great to hear from someone I barely knew confirmation of what I was feeling.

I really wouldn't have been there spiritually this weekend for it. I'm still sorting through so much of what is next in my life. So much to clarify.

Last week may have brought a hint at progress in one area.

When we left Maryland about 54 weeks ago, we were determined to find something quite different in a church community. No more churches that have become stagnant institutions, or wishy-washy vision by consensus, or a number of other issues we've had. It is interesting that scripture states very clearly that gatherings of the church is about mutual edification and support, not worship. That the functions of apostles, evangelists, prophets, pastors and teachers are for the equipping of the saints, not the lording over them. And many other aspects you may have read in this blog.

Well, we spent some time looking. But it seemed fruitless. So we took a break from looking, kind of deciding to detox. Been detoxing longer than I thought, but moving back toward some sense of community we've been really looking to God to help us with a strategy, a way to prevent being sucked into the Matrix. It has really been good to be away, as individually and together we've come to realize we may have stepped out of the Matrix, but the Matrix is so much a part of our thinking that getting it out of us has been work. The process has been freeing for sure.

What gave a glimmer of hope? May not lead to anything, but a church planter reached out to me last week about some possibilities in Colorado Springs for some organic church. Been praying and thinking about it, and we'll see what happens.

No comments: